Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey Anxiety

Am I the only one who is getting a bit anxious because Thanksgiving is less than a week away?

Thanksgiving is fast approaching!

Maybe it's because I have a dining room with no furniture in it.  It could be because a deadline will require me to work late all next week. Or maybe it's because I have no idea how many people we'll have since I told my son the Marine to invite anyone he knew who may not have family close by for the holiday.  I may have no extra people ... I may have 10.  I asked him to let me know this week, but odds are he won't think about it until he's in the car with them on his way up here from North Carolina (perhaps not even then, knowing him!).

In any case, I'm freaking out!



So this weekend will be all about getting everything back into the dining room, deep cleaning the house (you know -- the type of cleaning you only do when you have company coming), menu planning, and grocery shopping.  Not to mention getting caught up on laundry and all the regular stuff I have to do on the weekend.

If you're in the same boat, take a deep breath and just take it one step at a time. 

Because ....



At least I hope I can!

3 comments:

  1. yes, we can !! lol...you are not alone in the freaking out syndrome...i go thru this everytime i have a family dinner....this year, we will have a small crew,,,,which is ok...christmas is coming shortly after thanksgiving and the pressure will be even greater, since family is coming in from out of state and the gathering will be much bigger...plus all the other stuff that goes along with christmas (decorating, gifts, cookies, etc, etc,) you get the drift...but you know, it all comes out in the end,,,and bless your heart for inviting your son's marine friends to come along....cook a big turkey and there will be leftovers... or not...they will be appreciative of your efforts...(i know)

    will be thinking of you and yours this week,,,,i am thankful for all the friends i have online or next door....have a bery blessed day !!!


    i'll be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for offering to host the Marines! My son is the same way about letting me know...he thinks calling me 5 minutes before dinner to ask what beer he should bring is notice enough :)

    Deep breath and relax...chances are no one will notice if a stray dust bunny rolls past them on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said, take that deep breath, deeper - - deeper - - OK, let it out and do like the picture says! We always do it, always! And, we smile so proudly when everyone tells us, "Oh my, I don't know how you always get everything done and it's so perfect!" They don't realize in between bites of mashed potatoes, yams and cranberry sauce, we're taking cat naps! he he he!

    Have a lovely Thanksgiving, and God bless you for taking care of your son and his fellow Marines so far away from their loved ones. That's really why I know you'll get it all done, God and His Angels will lend a hand because of your generous heart. Please let your son and all of his friends know "Thank you for your service to our country. Thank you for standing on the front lines protecting all of us, securing our freedom. We appreciate each and every one of them!"

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah