Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Best Laid Plans ...

I had planned to spend all weekend working on holiday crafts and decorating.  But I came down with a sinus infection on Friday, and spent the whole day Saturday in bed.  I'm feeling better today, but although I managed to get the house in some semblance of order; I'm behind on all my projects.  It seems like no matter how hard I try to get my life organized, something always comes up to throw a wrench in my plans!

So although I don't have anything finished to show you yet, I wanted to tell you about a challenge I came up with for myself: Since I decided to switch my decor scheme from primarily maroon and jewel tones to white, silver and green this year, I knew I was going to have to get some new pieces to mix in with the silver and white pieces I already have.

But being the cheap ... er... thrifty gal I am, I decided to see what I could come up with just using things I bought at a thrift store or a dollar store.

This is what I found at the Dollar Tree:


Two little white wreaths, silver ribbon and bows, a silver brush tree, plastic white and silver ornaments, faux snow, mini silver packages, two glass candle dishes, a green plastic bowl, a clear plastic bowl, some tea lights and some taper candles.

This is what I bought at my favorite local thrift store:


Silver tinsel garland, a baggie of silver snowflakes, two rolls of ribbon, silver beads, and some glass pieces.   

And this is what I bought at Goodwill.


Two bunches of silk poinsettias, two candlesticks, a long tall vase, and a candle holder. 

I have some ideas, but I don't know exactly what I'm going to end up doing with my finds. So check back and see what I come up with!

3 comments:

  1. great finds, can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deborah,

    I hope you are feeling better - sinus infections are horrible! Can't wait to see what you do with your colors!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love the dollar store! can't wait to see what you do!
    and the gift card arrived today- thank you soooo much again!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah