Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spring Eye Candy

It's been one of those weeks, and the view outside my window is about as grey and bleak as my attitude.  This time of year it can be hard to remember that spring is just around the corner.  So for a 'tude turn-around I decided to share some spring eye candy. 

These first photos are early spring shots taken in our front area.  At first there is a lot of white and pink, then the blues, corals and purples come in a bit later.









Next are some inspirational photos.  I'm always a sucker for cottage gardens ...


BHG.com

Love this photo-- for some reason it reminds me of the Wizard of Oz.
 BHG.com


BHG.com


Southern Living


Southern Living

My favorite -- hydrangea. Madonna doesn't know what she's missing!
Southern Living

Pretty, huh?

Actually, these photos have inspired me--since the weather is going to be pretty moderate this weekend, I'm going to get off my duff and go plant some bulbs!

If you haven't entered the giveaway for Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Inspirations yet, you still have time -- the drawing is Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog and wanted to say I love what you are doing here. I came because I like your blog name...content is great too! Thanks for sharing the wonderfully enticing spring photos...I miss spring and summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrangeas are so beautiful! My father's favorite. I remember he would put coffee grounds underneath them for fertilizer additive.

    I've entered the book drawing and said a prayer. I could use some help, for sure! he he he!

    Thank you for sharing such lovely photos with us!

    Blessings for a wonderful Sunday!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah