Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Holding on to Fall

It seems everyone in Blogland starts to get ready for the holidays the day after Halloween.



Not me.  Maybe I'm a procrastinator, but Fall is my favorite time of the year, and I want to hold on tight to every last moment.

So instead of pulling out my holiday decorations, I dried some hydrangea blossoms and put them in a basket on my Craigslist-find table in the dining room.




In front of my chippy shutter with the grapevine wreath.




I love  the faded blues and greens of the flowers.




And the way the sun hits them in the afternoon.



This is my time for making soups and stews. Lighting cinnamon-and-apple-scented candles in the late afternoon as the light begins to fade.  And nesting until things start to get hectic.



Which will be soon enough!



Sharing at:
No Minimalist Here: Open House Party
DIY by Design: Fall into Fall Party

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite fall things, too! The hydrangea blooms putting on their last show - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet vignette! love the chippy paint!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah